One thing I didn't really anticipate about having triplets or just another baby, was explaining breastfeeding to a 4, now 5 year old. When Barrett first saw me pumping, this was how the conversation went:
B: What are you doing?
Me: Pumping milk for the babies.
B: The milk is in that yellow thing? (the pump)
Me: No, the milk is in my body?
B: Where?
Me: Uh, in my boobs.
B: (with the biggest eyes ever) I didn't know girls had milk in their boobs!
Me: (thinking oh dear he's going to go to school and tell all his girlfriends this) Well, after mommies have babies they have milk in their boobs. But your friends at school don't, this is just family talk, etc.
B: Okay mom.
So that somehow turned into "boobing" so when I'm going to feed the babies he'll say "mom are you going to boob one of them? or are you going to double boob them?" Etc. Funny stuff.
Since the babies have been born Barrett has been very interested in his stuffed animal babies....in particular the two monkeys Frank and Fletcher. Frank is 100 and Fletcher is 0. They seem to have birthdays each week but their age doesn't really change. So Fletcher, the baby, wears diapers now, needs to be swaddled, goes in the swings, drinks a bottle, etc. Barrett wanted a pack and play for Fletcher ($5 on FB Garage Sale page - score!) and all he wanted for Christmas was a car seat for Fletcher. Well, it is extremely difficult to find a boy print play car seat. I finally found one on Amazon made by Joovy for FIFTY dollars. I was not thrilled about that since I'd already done all his Christmas shopping before he decided and told Santa this is all he wanted. So anyways Fletcher is like a family member. Barrett is his dad and I'm his mom and Mark is also his dad. :)
A few weeks ago I see Fletcher is up Barrett's shirt. Um, Barrett are you breastfeeding Fletcher? Barrett looks at me like I'm a complete idiot as he says "mom, I'm a boy, I don't have milk in my boobs." Duh. I said what are you doing then? He said "it's called reprocessing mom. I drink milk and then I cut a hole right here next to my belly button and Fletcher can get the milk out." Reprocessing? Seriously. This kid never ceases to amaze me and crack me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment